After the PDP and LP clamor for the resignation of the INEC chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, and also demand to recover their stolen mandate in court, the Nigerian President Elect, Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu, wants to defend his mandate and has gone ahead.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu had been appointed, among others, by Wole Olanipekun SAN as the lead lawyer in the case.
Other members of the legal team are Ahmad Usman El-Marzuq, Sam Ologunorisa, Rotimi Oguneso, Olabisi Soyebo, Gboyega Oyewole, Muritala Abdulrasheed, Aliyu Omezia Saiki, Tajudeen Oladoja, Pius Akubo, Oluseye Opasanya, Suraju Saida, and Kazeem Adeniyi.
Peter Obi and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar are throwing everything possible to make sure they expose the dubious act of INEC and how the election was conducted
However these are the five things you should know about Wole Olanipekun SAN
1. Wole Olanipekun SAN was born on November 18, 1951, in his native village of Ikere Ekiti, Nigeria, and he is currently 72 years old. He is the lawyer in their family, and he has won numerous cases.
2. He is a proud Nigerian by nationality and citizenship. Wole had won numerous awards in his field as a lawyer.
Apart from that, he is a lawyer and also an activist who has fought for the freedom of the people.
3. He has a bachelor’s degree in law from the University of Lagos. Wole graduated from law school in 1976 and became the Senior Advocate of Nigeria in 1991.
In 2003, he was appointed vice president of the Pan African Lawyers Union. He has his law firm in Lagos and Abuja.
4. Wole is married to Erelu Omolara Olanipekun, and they have four children (among them Oladapo Olanipekun, Olabode Olanipekun, Bukola Olanipekun, and Temitope Olanipekun), and he is a grandfather.
5. He is among the richest lawyers in Nigeria with a net worth of $122 million, which he has acquired from winning cases.